The Beatles were a British rock band formed in Liverpool in 1960. They are widely regarded as one of the most influential bands in the history of popular music. Here are ten interesting facts about the Beatles:
- For the week ending April 4th, 1964, The Beatles held the top 5 slots of the Billboard Hot 100
- The mono version of the Please Me album was rush-released by EMI on March 22nd, 1963. The stereo version was released in late April. All other albums up to and including Yellow Submarine in January 1969 were issued in stereo and mono simultaneously
- According to the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), the album selling the most copies in the United States is Abbey Road. Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band is a close second followed by the White Album 1
- August 20th, 1969 was the last time that all four Beatles recorded together, they finished on ‘I Want You (She’s So Heavy)’ .
- In the UK, The Beatles have topped the charts with fifteen different albums 1.
- In America, there have been 20 singles that topped the Billboard Hot 100 and 19 albums that made No.1 on the Billboard album charts 1
- When they were known as ‘The Silver Beetles’, they did a seven-date tour of Scotland backing singer Johnny Gentle 1
- Countries in which the Beatles have had the most No.1s include Australia, Germany, Holland, Sweden, Canada and Norway 1
- A Hard Day’s Night is the first album entirely written by the Beatles – all thirteen tracks are by Lennon & McCartney 1
- On the Help! album sleeve, the semaphore letters that the four Beatles are spelling out with their arms does not say HELP, but NUJV
I hope you found these facts interesting!